Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Day 1

Interesting first day, I was supposed to go to a new wing of rooms, that consists of 6 single bed units.  It's sort of the island of the lepers, but for Cystic Fibrosis patients.  Upon my arrival i was sent to a regular style room on 5th floor Rm. 5345, i was greeted by a Nurse who informed me i could either stay there or go to the cf room they were currently cleaning upon the exit of it's previous occupant.  Should of taken the Former but i chose the Latter.  The Cf rooms are located a left off the elevator from University Tower in the old Adult Intensive Care unit.  Yes, it's intensive care, No, i'm not in need of intensive care, just the only play they have for us phlegm monsters now.  I had a little bit of difficulty with the placement of my i.v. with my veins hiding in my sterile cold room, but it was finally placed peacefully and is now receiving fluids.  I have been told after several previous stays visiting Internal Radiology that i will circumvent having a PICC line and will get a Port for easier access when administering antibiotics.  It's a bit intense when thinking about its function with Chemo patients but for CF people it's a easier solution to less pokes, sticks, and stabs.  My current Rm # is 5233, my phone number is 402 559 8460, or i can be reached via Facebook, Cell, or Email.

Tune in tomorrow after my tiredness wears off for an update on how the Port placement worked and the things to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment